Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thank you

As most of you know, Mama went home yesterday at 3:20 pm. She had been in pain, but she was asleep all day yesterday and wasn't in any pain. She went quickly and peacefully.

Mama was very specific about what she wanted. She wanted to be cremated; she wanted her funeral to be on a Saturday, no matter what day she passed; and she wanted a birthday party after her funeral, to celebrate her new life.

Mama's funeral will be held at St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Conway, SC) on Saturday, October 10th at 11:00 am. Her birthday party will be held following the service in the church parish hall.

Her obituary will be in The Sun News tomorrow, and will also be printed in the Horry Independent.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

3 comments:

  1. We are looking forward to celebrating Lori's home-going with everyone who loved her. I am guessing the church will be packed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
    Author Unknown

    I know Lori will be in the stars watching over all of you.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I never got to come and say goodbye to her, but tonight I knew I had lost someone close to me. The night sky is filled with stars, as it was the night I lost my husband to Cancer six years ago.Now I know life is a party for Lori, she has my crazy husband up there golfing and everytime there is a thunderstorm, he's bowling in the sky's.
    My Love to you all, you girls are just like your mother AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete