Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chillin on a Sunday afternoon

Hello everyone-
Not much to report, just resting and taking the days as easy as possible. Fighting Iron deficient anemia right now and it is tough, and takes time to correct with supplements. I also have a pretty rapid pulse right now, so I feel tired easily and out of breath. According to different web sites, this is a side effect of anemia. The Oncologist told me that I might need an IV bag of Iron if the pills weren't working, so we'll see this week when I go back. Still struggling with some Acid Reflux which is a new development since the colon surgery. Eating, one of my former loves, is not really much of a friend right now. No appetite and not sure what I can eat that won't bother me. Hey, at least I've lost a few pounds-I sure did need to!
Our youngest, Kelsie has been away for a week on a mission trip to Asheville, NC; she should be home soon. I've really missed her.
Just a few more days and we are headed to Duke Cancer Clinic to meet with Dr. Michael Morse, MD. He is in a practice that specializes in GI cancers. Praying hard for some clinical trial to be open so that treatments can begin. I feel like we have already waited too long to get this mess started. I certainly don't want to make a comfy home inside my body for this evil disease. Even if there is not a clinical trial open right now, I hope to start treatments next week. I'm not sure how I'll tolerate those, but with God's grace it will go well.
That's it for now. I'll update after the Duke visit. Lot's of prayers for healing, ya'll. I'm planning on a miracle!

2 comments:

  1. You do the resting and we will do the praying ;-) --God Bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need someone to bring Communion, just let me know girl. But I can't vouch on how it might taste. That iron can make things taste funky.
    I've missed your girl, too.
    Y'all are in my prayers.
    love ya...the deaconator

    ReplyDelete