Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Post-op Update

Mama's been out of surgery for a while now. She's still very groggy and very sleepy- so she's coming in and out of sleep. She's feeling pain in her incision, but they have her on pain medicine, so hopefully it's helping. Tomorrow should be better in terms of pain, and hopefully some of the grogginess will wear off. Dr. Codye, the local oncologist, came by this evening and talked with her. She said the cancer on her liver is treatable and that the chemo isn't one of the more aggressive chemos and that her hair won't really fall out and that the side effects aren't that bad. Visitors and phone calls are welcome! Keep praying that we find the right doctor who can get this out of her!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog. Many are praying for you all, and as Romans 15:13 says--"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." (kim davies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Hangtownred is actually Ginny.) I have all of you in my prayers. Remember Tripp's sermon on Father's Day in which he said that God frequently gives us more than we can handle but never more than He can handle. That is His promise. Cling to it and to Him. His steps are sure and His shoulders broad.
    I love all of you and I have you "in my pocket". Every time I put my hand in my pocket, I send up a prayer for all of you. He is faithful...always!

    ReplyDelete