Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Good News!

Hey everyone-
I realize it's been a few days since I've updated, but there hasn't been anything going on except me resting at home.

On Monday I had a PET scan to see if there was any more cancer anywhere in my body. The test itself was fine, but the unknown is hard. So, I've waited.

Today, I went to the Oncologists office and talked to her for the first time. The good news is that there is no cancer anywhere else in my body except for the liver-which we knew. I think this is great news, and an answer to prayer, for sure.

The Doctor said that I could begin chemo next week and that in about six weeks we would start some targeted therapy directly at the liver. She also said that Coastal Cancer Center is affiliated with MUSC and Duke and that if wanted to get into clinical trials she would get me into one. SO...I have an appointment next Wednesday at Duke! Another answer to prayer, especially that I was able to get in so quickly. We don't know if there are any open clinical trials right now, but if not, then I'll be in the rotation for the next one and will begin chemo here until the trial begins.

I feel so relieved to have spoken to Dr. Cody, I really like her. She has told me that my cancer is treatable, and that there is a chance that it is curable. Of course, no one knows how I will respond to the treatments; there are some cancers that are genetically coded to NOT respond to any treatments. I am in constant prayer for healing, and I know that by Jesus' stripes, we are healed.

I am not in any pain, although my liver is swollen. I am anemic, so I have to take Iron and Vitamin C twice a day. She said I could eat what I wanted, but that some things might not taste good right now. My liver enzymes are good right now, which means that even though my liver is in really bad shape, somehow, by the Grace of God, it's still working.

That's it for now. I probably won't update anytime soon, since there's nothing going on. But hey, if you missed an episode of Barefoot Contessa on FoodTv, I bet I can give you the recipes. Watching waaayy to much tv.

Much love to all. Pray without ceasing!

Lori

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is good news....and good news about your liver enzymes (I have occasionally problems with mine!!GEEE). I am praising God and thanking Him for your Doctor!! Ad far as the Barefoot Contessa she almost always uses Butter and or Cream---gram and I have a joke about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Lori!!! God is so good! It was so good to talk with you on the phone yesterday. I am praying continually for you, for healing, for strength, and for God to work mightily in your life. I know He will!

    ReplyDelete